Crockpot Mexican Chicken is an easy dinner recipe. You can serve it alone or with tortillas. We like to serve it with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and even Mexican Rice or Refried Beans. You could even add corn, black beans and fresh avocado too! It is the perfect Freezer Meal. You simply cook it and then cool and freeze. I like to double this recipe and then eat it for dinner and freeze the leftovers. To freeze use any freezer safe container, date and label.
I also like to serve Crockpot Mexican Chicken with:
If you use your own Homemade Taco Seasoning it is a great way to ensure this meal to be gluten free! This is a great stockpile recipe as we often get salsa free! I like to freeze this recipe too!
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 Points Per Serving (chicken only – does not include tortillas & sour cream)
- 24 oz salsa jar
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4-6 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- tortillas (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Mix salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice and cilantro into Crockpot.
- Place chicken in mixture and make sure to cover with sauce.
- Put lid on crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve alone or with tortillas.
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Follow Stockpiling Moms: