Welcome to our 3 for 3 Lunch Challenge brought to us by Deb from iPackLunch.com.
Each week I will try to help you stretch your food budget by showcasing 3 different ways to serve 3 main ingredients in your lunchboxes. I will use additional ingredients but will try to keep them limited to common pantry or refrigerator items. At times I will also suggest tools and techniques to help enhance your lunch packing. I have not accounted for any dietary considerations but you can swap out for Gluten Free, Nut Free or other types of products as appropriate for your family!
Ham, Pineapple and Green Beans (note I used black forest ham)
#1 Hawaiian Pizza Rolls (pictured above)
- Using your favorite refrigerated dough, roll out your crescent shape and using a pastry brush lightly layer some pizza/pasta sauce on your roll. Take 1 slice of ham folded, a small amount of diced pineapple and about 1/3 of a mozzarella cheese stick and roll up in the dough. Cook as instructed. Cool completely.
- Place a couple of the pizza rolls in your container, add your favorite pizza/pasta sauce in a small container with a lid (Easy Lunch Box Mini Dippers used here, see product link at bottom of post) for dipping.
- Add sliced pineapple and sliced raw green beans.
- Complete with pretzels (or substitute for your favorite snack).
#2 Stuffed French Toast Sandwich (pictured above)
- Make a “sandwich” of your favorite cheese, and sliced ham. Dip your sandwich in egg whites and cook like french toast. Cool completely. I cute my sandwich into a shape in advance. Make a portion appropriate for your family member.
- Add “french toast” to your container along with syrup for dipping in a small lidded container.
- Sliced pineapple and raw green beans are added again here as snacks.
- Completed with Snikiddy Baked Cheddar Fries.
#3 Ham Pineapple Kabobs (pictured below)
- Layer sliced ham folded and sliced pineapples on food picks (adjust portion for your family member).
- Cheddar popcorn is added as a snack.
- Cooked green beans are cooled and tossed in a vinaigrette dressing (use your favorite).
- A special treat of Surf Sweets Gummy Bears was added to this container.
Always substitute for the snack of your choice and make adjustments for dietary considerations as necessary!
Please also feel free to adjust portions for your family members, lunches show in photos are just for a reference!
Tip: Remember to add crunchy snacks in the morning so they stay crunchy!
Tip: Food picks can be found in most party stores or stores with a party section. Food picks can also be ordered online.
All three lunches are shown in an Easy Lunch Box (see photo link below).
You may also enjoy:
Deb is a busy full time working mother of 4, NH resident, all around home cook and author of iPackLunch.com. When not cooking, packing lunch or blogging, I spend my time enjoying travel, photography and scrapbooking.
You may also want to check out:
Here is a how to get started Menu Planning Monthly. We believe it helps us to stay on budget and cook from our Stockpile and save more!