This recipe is copycat Skyline Chili recipe. I think it is a good copycat but I still love to have my 3-way from Skyline. What is great about this recipe is that you can make it fresh and unprocessed which I love! Don’t forget Skyline Chili is gluten free – you can read Melissa’s post for more details.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it.
Cincinnati style Chili n Spaghetti
- 1 quart cold water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups crushed tomato
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- cooked spaghetti to serve chili over, optional
- shredded cheese, optional
- Add beef and water to a 4-quart pot.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring until the ground beef is in very small pieces.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer on low, uncovered, for 3 hours.
- Add water as needed if the chili becomes to thick.
- Refrigerated the chili overnight, and the next day remove the layer of fat from top before reheating and serving.
- Serve with spaghetti and cheese.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.