Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples
Easy Crockpot Meatloaf2

Crockpot Bean Stew

Crockpot Bean Stew is a delicious Vegetarian recipe and an easy freezer meal!

Crockpot Bean Stew is a delicious Vegetarian recipe and an easy freezer meal!  This recipe is perfect for the cool Fall or Winter weather. You can make this recipe ahead of time and freeze until ready to use. Just add all ingredients except chicken broth into ziploc bag. When ready to make just thaw overnight in fridge. Then in morning add to crockpot with chicken broth.

This recipe is also naturally gluten free which I love. I like to prepare it with Gluten Free Cornbread.

SPM-Pin-it-here

• 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, finely diced
  • 3 tablespoons uncooked white rice
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
  1. Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Crockpot Bean Stew is a delicious vegetarian freezer meal.Other Recipes You May Enjoy:

Crockpot Applesauce
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
Crockpot Buffalo Dip
Pumpkin Roll
Chick-fil-A Lemonade Recipe

Comments

1. Danielle says

Hope this is good, because just put it on. If it’s good, i’m going to love this recipe for I always have all those ingredients either in the pantry, fridge or freeze. Would be a nice ‘go to’ dinner.

• Danielle says

This was wonderful! I used black beans, so mine was quite dark and used homemade chicken stock. I think have a good stock/broth makes this recipe, since it takes a bit of its flavor from it. Hubby loved it, 2 year old semi-picky loved it. Will make it again!

2. Farah says

Hi,
    I’m looking to try this recipe but I was wondering if you served any sides with it and if you did, what would you recommend? And if I added say, chicken, does that change the time?

3. says

I’m trying this tonight–I just put it on around 3pm so we won’t get to eat it until after we go to the gym. I’m going to add some leftover canned chicken to it at the end. Like Danielle said, I hope it’s good because I have these ingredients on hand most of the time! (except chicken broth–I gotta start making that!)

4. Jenni says

Do you soak the beans overnight before adding them to the freezer recipe or just rinse and sort and the 8 hours in the crockpot bypasses the need for overnight soaking?

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

We did not since they are cooked for 8 hours. I would suggest rinsing them and removing any pebbles though.