Crockpot Bean Stew is a delicious Vegetarian Slow Cooker recipe and an easy freezer meal! This recipe is perfect for the cool Fall or Winter weather. You can make this recipe ahead of time and freeze until ready to use. Just add all ingredients except chicken broth into ziploc bag. When ready to make just thaw overnight in fridge. Then in morning add to crockpot with chicken broth.
This recipe is also naturally gluten free which I love. I like to prepare it with Gluten Free Cornbread.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 Points Per Serving
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry beans, picked over and rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: Yum