Crockpot Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew was AMAZING! This recipe is easy to prepare ahead of time and store in the freezer. When I wanted to cook it I put it in the fridge the night before to thaw. Then in the morning I just put it in the crockpot for the day
I made this meal on a Sunday when I prepared several Freezer Cooking meals together. I spent a total of 5 hours cooking, chopping and washing dishes. However in the end I had saved myself time and filled my freezer with enough meals to feed my family for 3 weeks. I used cooked shredded chicken for this recipe. You may also want to check out our Freezer Cooking 101 Series.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6 Points Per Serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (I used shredded chicken)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine ingredients minus broth and add to gallon Ziploc bag.
- Thaw add broth and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours in the crockpot.
- Serve over hot rice.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: