Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Asian Chicken
An easy Asian recipe that is packed with flavor!
- 3 Tbsp and 1 3/4 tsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp and 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp organic, gluten-free ketchup
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 3/4 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/4 tsp gluten-free cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together warm water, brown sugar, orange juice, tamari, ketchup, white vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder, and orange peel until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is well combined.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet/wok over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken until outside is golden brown and inside is no longer pink; about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low; cover skillet. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cold water in a small bowl until smooth. Then, stir into sauce slowly, a few tsp at a time. Let chicken and sauce cook for about 2 minutes to thicken. Serve with a side of rice or quinoa (pictured above). Sprinkle green onion over top, if desired.
Recipe adapted from "Mama's Asian Chicken and Rice" recipe by Scarlett; found at www.allrecipes.com.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Garbanzo Beans and Spinach Recipe
Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie
Gluten Free Rosemary Shortbread
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free “Twinkies”
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken & Peppers
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Enchiladas
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Crockpot Frito Pie