This is one of my favorite dishes to make when having company over. It pairs well with many meats and is fairly simple to make. I am also a huge broccoli lover and this heats up well as a leftover. It also freezes well. You could even make ahead of time and then freeze. Check out our Freezer Cooking Series.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 10oz pkgs of frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups of rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 cups of shredded cheese, your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet melt the stick of butter.
- Sauté onion and garlic, until onions are tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- Steam the frozen broccoli until thawed, then drain well.
- Let cool.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- It is important to allow the warm ingredients to cool before mixing everything together so the cheese doesn't melt too soon.
- When sufficiently cool, reserve ½ cup of the cheese and mix remaining ingredients together.
- Put in a oven-proof baking dish or casserole dish.
- Spread reserved ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove foil; bake an additional 5 to 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is hot and bubbly.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum