This meal reminds me of my grandmother and how she use to cook this all the time when I was a little girl. She use to serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. I like to serve mine with Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potato and Green Beans Almondine then for dessert Creamy Banana Pudding.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- Reserve 2 tablespoons flour and set aside, place the remaining flour in a shallow dish.
- To the bowl mix together the Lawry's seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Rub the pork chops all over with the seasoning.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chops in buttermilk, then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet, then brown the chops over medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through; remove to a plate, cover loosley with foil to keep warm(do not drain the fat in the pan).
- Add in the reserved 2 tablespoon flour to the skillet, then stir/whisk in the milk and seasoned salt; whisk or stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Season with lots black pepper to your taste preference.
- Serve the gravy with the pork chops.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: