Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chocolate Cinnamon Chips are a perfect afternoon snack! I love to eat them with Gluten Free Strawberry Mango Salsa! It is a light and amazing snack, especially in the summer.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chocolate Cinnamon Chips
These are a healthier version of churros and super easy to make!
- 2 Tbsp sugar*
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 gluten-free corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Brush top side of each tortilla with coconut oil. Sprinkle tortillas with sugar mixture.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter and slice tortillas into 6 pieces. Place wedges on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or edges start to crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Recipe adapted from "Allergy-Friendly Food for Families" by the Editors of Kiwi. Note: I substituted Raw Coconut Crystals for the sugar; they have a lower glycemic index.
Rachel Kokosenski is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert. Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her website or contact her through Facebook or Twitter to learn more.
Be sure to check out these Gluten Free Desserts: