Gluten Free, Casein Free Creamy Potato Soup is a wonderful comfort food for a cold night! We love to serve this in the winter. It is easy to make your own croutons which is a nice topper to this delicious soup! Sneaking in the cauliflower and squash puree is a win for me!
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 28 oz gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower puree*
- 1½ cups butternut squash puree*
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1 tsp white vinegar, gluten-free
- ½ tsp salt
- gluten-free croutons (optional)
- Combine white vinegar and milk alternative and set aside (this functions as buttermilk).
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray and set over medium heat. When the pot is hot, add the oil, onion, and then the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not brown; about 5-6 minutes. (Don't burn the garlic!)
- Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender; about 25 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a food processor or blender and add the vegetable purees, the milk mixture, and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons, if you like. Serve hot.
Gluten Free Recipes: