I love using apples in dishes especially in the Fall season. With this Rosted Apple Chicken recipe you only need 3 ingredients plus salt, pepper and olive oil or butter! My family loves for me to make Gluten Free Cheese Grits and Corn Casserole with this meal. This can be naturally gluten free and is also Paleo! Use Ghee or Olive Oil to make this Whole 30 compliant.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
- 1 whole fryer/roasting chicken, thawed and cleaned
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 3 apples, cut in quarters
- salt (optional)
- olive oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place chicken in roasting pan, breast side up.
- Mix onion pieces and apple pieces in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Place apple-onion mixture inside chicken.
- Rub outside of chicken with olive oil or butter.
- Sprinkle outside of the chicken with salt and pepper if you like.
- Place foil tent on top of chicken and place in oven.
- Cook for 1 hour and then remove foil tent and continue cooking for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before carving.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: