It’s that time of year for moist succulent turkey! I love roasting turkey for many reasons. It is very simple to make and we always have leftovers for other dishes, which always makes me happy. This is naturally gluten free if you make sure to get fresh without added additives.
I like to serve my turkey with some of these side dishes for my family members who join us for the holiday – Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes, Homemade Crockpot Caramel Dip (Dulce de Leche) ,Green Beans Almondine and Eagle Brand Pumpkin Pie. This year I will also be making a gluten free dessert!
For tips on roasting a turkey be sure to check out How-To Roast Turkey :: Turkey Roasting Hints &Tips.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 14 lb turkey, washed and cleaned
- 4 T butter, softened
- 2 t ground sage
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 t salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix butter, sage, pepper and salt.
- Put half of butter mixture under skin on top of breast meat.
- Rub the rest of butter mixture on top of turkey all over the skin.
- Place turkey in roaster and place in oven.
- Roast 3 1/2 hours until turkey reaches 180 degrees.
- Let cool 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: