“To Die For Brownies” – the name says it all! These brownies did not last long on my kitchen counter. Some people call these brownies, better than xxx brownies however we call them To Die For Brownies. They were easy to make and give a different twist on your typical brownie. I will for sure make these again!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
To Die For Brownies
- For cookie layer:
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the top brownie layer:
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 16 Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 9x9 pan with tin foil, and generously grease it.
- To make the bottom cookie layer: In a mixer (or with a mixer), cream together your butter-flavored shortening and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour and stir until everything has come together.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Press into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough--no need to press them down or overlap.
- To make the brownies: melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove.
- Once melted, whisk in the cocoa powder until combined.
- Add in the salt and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add in the eggs and quickly whisk together.
- Stir in the flour until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the Oreos, making sure it covers everything.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean of brownie batter.
- Let cool for a couple of hours before slicing.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: