Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely AMAZING! But then again I think everything with bacon is wonderful! These can be made gluten free by using gluten free flour. I like to cook my bacon in the oven because it reduces the fat and the clean up.
These are so simple to make and everyone loves them, really loves them so be prepared to give out the recipe! This recipe makes 3 dozen.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- For the candied bacon:
- 8 slices center cut thick bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- For the cookies:
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling.
- Once bacon has cooled chop it finely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk to the bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add diced candied bacon and chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Place 1 inch sized balls of dough on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum