Chocolate Gravy is a very Southern recipe passed to me from my Mother-in-Law. She made this for my husband growing up for a special treat. It is similar to the consistency of pudding and served over biscuits. It is one of my husbands favorites to this day. I suggest everyone enjoys it at least once in their lives.
- 2 Tablespoons lard or crisco
- 1½ cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Melt lard or crisco in skillet.
- While melting, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl; add milk and ½ cup water. Pour into skillet and let cook until thick on medium/high heat. add vanilla and butter. Stil until melted. Should be thick like pudding/gravy.
- Serve over biscuits or waffles.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum