Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are amazing! This is my families favorite recipe! It is great for large crowds and holiday’s. Everyone begs for me to prepare this side dish recipe!
My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love that this recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural).
Be sure to Pin this recipe so you have it for later or print it and save it to your recipe files!
- ¼ pound bacon, diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 red potatoes, quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Ways to save at the store:
Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms: