I love this idea that I originally found on Pinterest! Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love that this recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural).
- ¼ pound bacon, diced – I bake it first in the oven so that it is “done” and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 – 8 red potatoes, quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.