While visiting my mother for a weekend, she made this easy potato soup for me. She got the recipe from her friend Barbara. The soup was amazing and only has 5 ingredients in it — with cream cheese being one of them. Be sure to check out Can you FREEZE cream cheese?
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Easy Potato Soup
- 10 cups of diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 - 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 - 8 oz. cream cheese
- Combine broth, potatoes, onions and pepper and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove 2 cups of potatoes and mash (do not drain potatoes).
- Return mashed potatoes to pot, add cubed cream cheese, stirring frequently until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits to garnish.
- I added salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Baked “Fried” Squash
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Cheese Grits
Gluten-Free Flour Mix Recipe
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten-Free Homemade “Larabars”