Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Applesauce Chicken is easy to make and tastes delicious. This is a real “kid-pleaser” recipe. It is Paleo and is so moist because you cook it in the slow cooker! You can serve with quinoa or brown rice.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ cups applesauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Put the chicken pieces into slow cooker first. Add the onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices together.
- Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with rice or quinoa (pictured).