- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ cups applesauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Put the chicken pieces into slow cooker first. Add the onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices together.
- Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with rice or quinoa (pictured).
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her website or contact her through Facebook or Twitter to learn more.