Gluten-Free, Casein-Free BBQ Beef with Polenta
A new twist on polenta...but just as tasty!
- For Beef -
- 1 3lb. boneless chuck roast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 15 oz bottle of gluten-free, dairy-free bbq sauce
- For Polenta -
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Corn Grits/Polenta
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- Non-stick cooking spray
- For Beef
- Put roast in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder, and season with salt and pepper. Pour BBQ sauce over meat.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker. Cook for 1 more hour.
- For Polenta
- In a large deep pan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil; stir in the polenta.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently to avoid sticking, until mixture is very thick (about 30 minutes). Be sure to use a long-handled spoon to avoid burns from the popping and bubbling mixture!
- Stir in the ghee and additional salt, if you prefer.
- Spray a medium-sized bowl with canola oil spray. Spoon polenta into the bowl and let set for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a flat plate; mixture should continue to hold shape of the bowl.
- Cut polenta into thick slices (like cake) and serve hot topped with the BBQ beef.