Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole

Crockpot Pizza Casserole

Crockpot Pizza Casserole has an amazing taste and so easy to prepare!  My family loves pasta and pizza so this is the perfect recipe for them!

Crockpot Pizza Casserole is an amazing recipe and so easy to prepare!  My family loves pasta and pizza so this is the perfect recipe for them!

I was so excited to try it.  Anytime I can make a dish in the slow cooker! I love that because it saves me both time and money.  It was a huge success at our house!  Everyone begs for more!  It is a keeper for our Menu Plan that is for sure! I like to serve it with Garlic Breadsticks and salad.

Amazing taste and so easy to prepare!  My family loves pasta and pizza so this is the perfect recipe for them! .

Be sure to Pin this recipe so you have it for later or print it and save it to your recipe files!

3.7 from 14 reviews
Crockpot Pizza Casserole
Recipe type: Crockpot
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 6

• 1 Box (16 oz) Spiral Pasta (uncooked but rinsed)
  • 1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced pepperoni
  • 32 ounces pasta sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Spray a Large Crockpot (6qt or larger) with non-stick spray
  2. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef or chicken or turkey with the onion, garlic, pepperoni and green bell pepper. Drain any excess fat.
  3. Rinse pasta and place in the crockpot with drained ground meat mix. Stir. Pour pasta sauce and 1 cup water over noodle mix.
  4. Top with shredded mozzarella.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (no not lift the lid).

SPM-Pin-it-here

Delicious Crockpot Recipes:

Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Yum

Comments

1. marcella says

I doubled this recipe in my crock pot…I am guessing it will take longer than 5-6 hours on low…right?

2. Shannon says

I usually don’t leave reviews but I felt I ought to in order to warn others about how terribly this turned out. I love crockpot recipes, and I love trying new recipes out. This one didn’t work out. At all. The only two things I did different: After I added the sauce into the crockpot, I stirred it all together. Maybe I wasn’t supposed to do that. Second, I used 24oz of sauce, plus the water. Checked on it after 5 hours on low (I double checked to make sure it was on low!), and the edges were all burned to a crisp. The whole thing was super super dry, and nothing really had much taste to it. If you’re deciding on whether or not to try this recipe out… I warned you. YUCK.

3. Asha says

I made this last night and it was great. I did however alter the recipe a little. After adding the jar of sauce and water it looked dry so I ended up adding 3 jars of sauce and it was perfect!

4. Andrea says

I just made this and it was delicious! I cooked mine on high for 1 1/2 hours, and stirred in another cup of water before serving. It turned out great!

5. Shannon says

What’s with all the Shannon’s?
    Anyway. I makes this all the time. I use more sauce than it calls for, and greased my crock pot before using it. Also shortened the time. When crocking you really need to KNOW your pot. Adjust to the heat settings and roll with the punches. It’s best to try again and change things to make it work. WE LOVE PIZZA CASSEROLE!

6. Meghan says

We have Pizza Casserole quite often. It’s a favorite! We love it. I however, do know that my crockpot’s LOW setting is actually quite hot. I pour everything in and cook it on the warm setting. It really is best to KNOW how your crockpot cooks! Each one is different.

7. Sloan says

Mine turned out pretty good, but I added a few of my own touches. I used 23 oz. of traditional ragu, garlic salt, and since I am a cheese lover, I used 2 cups of mozzarella. My cheese disappeared while cooking, so I also topped it with some shredded parmesan. It was a little dry, so I added 3/4 water before eating. Definitely perfect for a rainy day!

8. Casandra says

I made this too. It was good but I added 2 cups of water with pasta sauce. It really does depend on how your slow cooker works but I knew that wasn’t enough water for the pasta.

9. Katlyn says

My pasta was way over cooked, how do I keep that from happening? I would love this recipe if I didn’t have mushy pasta!!

10. Vanessa says

Mine turn out Soo good everyone was impressed… I alter the recipe a bit…. I cook the pasta for 5 minutes before putting it in the crockpot … And I mix two spoonful of powder chicken stock in with the pasta and meat sauce… I also put in more spaghetti sauce then water so there will be more flavor … N cook on Low for 4-5 hrs

11. MTW says

Just after I purchased the ingredients for this dish I read the reviews. (Oops!) I followed the directions exactly (sprayed Pam inside crock, poured the sauce and water over the pasta/beef/veggies mixture and did not lift the lid until it was time to serve), except I added about 6 oz more pasta sauce and an extra cup of mozzarella. Cooked on low in my ancient crockpot for about 5.5 hours. Tasted great. Pasta was just a tad mushy. Next time I’ll cook for 4.5 hours or so. Will definitely try again.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

You would need to add more liquid if you continue it on warm – it is really hard to keep pasta on warm without adding more liquid. I would do 1 cup water for sure and maybe more sauce.

12. Jenn says

I followed directions exactly and it did not turn out. The pasta turned to mush after 3 hrs on low setting. Not sure what to do differently?

13. B Massier says

did you know that if your crockpot cooks hotter than it should you can take the liner out every hour and turn it 1/2 turn it help distribute the heat evently

14. LP says

Eek, I made this awhile back going exactly by the directions without reading the reviews first. The first time it burnt and the second time for fear of burning, it was mushy. MAY try again with the other suggestions listed, but def don’t go by what the recipe says!!

15. Carrie P says

The first time I made this it was a total nightmare! My husband still ate it even though it was totally burnt, so I felt like it was worth trying to troubleshoot! I added a small can of diced tomato and an extra half cup of water. I cooked it on the “keep warm” setting because my low setting still gets really hot. It only took 4 hours to cook completely, and it turned out great!

16. Michelle says

Made this today because I worked all day. It did cook over the time limit and that may be why it didn’t turn out. Our wasn’t burned but the noodles were mush. Might try it again making sure to stay in the 5-6 hr limit, not when I work all day.

• Stephanie@StockpilingMoms says

It’s important to only cook 5-6 hours because the noodles will get mushy but you can also cut back on the water to help with that too. Hope this helps! :)

17. Brittany says

I made this dish exactly as recipe calls for and it burnt horribly!! I seriously didn’t alter a thing!! Luckily I didn’t listen to the “do not open the lid” part and checked it…the edges were burnt all the way around (mostly just the cheese but the underneath pasta taste burnt…I scooped out the middle and put it in a bowl so we will see if I saved some but this absolutely did not work in my crockpot…maybe cook it and leave the cheese fr the last hour

• Stephanie@StockpilingMoms says

I’m not sure what size you used but you do want to make sure that your crockpot is at least 2/3 full of food to make sure it cooks properly. Also I sprayed my crockpot very well to prevent burning. I also stopped my cooking at exactly 5 hours. I hope this helps you and am sorry it didn’t turn out well for you.

• Brittany says

The crockpot was about half full and I checked it at 4 1/2 hours and it was burnt about an inch all the way around the edges…my husband said the pasta I was able to save out of the middle was good so maybe some tweaking just needs done for my specific crock pot :)

• Stephanie@StockpilingMoms says

I hope with some tweaking it will work for you :) It is really tasty! Good Luck!

• says

I was so excited to try this out as it sounded yummy, however , I followed directions to the tee and when I came home expecting a good meal all I got was burnt mushy pizza casserole. I didn’t put mine on low or high but keep warm setting. It was burnt on the sides and just was yuk. I will try this again but I think since there are several others who have had the same thing happen has to be time modified and watched carefully. I will attempt it again but on a day where I can keep an eye out on it. Now I have to decide what is for dinner.. :(

18. says

hi visiting from the hop already following via email. I like your version of crock pot pizza so much easier to do have copied and ready to give to my teenagers who also cook. Thanks for sharing lorraine

19. Amie Sealy says

I am going to use cooked chicken breast! I will shred it so it will be easy to serve. I love Crockpot cooking!!!!

20. Annette says

So glad you shared this, pizza is a favorite at my house. I didn’t know you could make something this delicious in the crockpot

21. Candise says

It says rinse the pasta. Does that mean I rise the uncooked pasta or? What I really need to know is if I cook the pasta before I add it to the crock pot?

22. Linda says

So does the starch from NOT rinsing the pasta thicken up the sauce? I’m needing to make a double batch in my ancient stoneware crockpot. Thinking I’d use tomato sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce and water and chicken sausage. It’ll be for this morning’s Sunday church lunch. Honestly, all the reviews make me nervous it won’t turn out. Mushy pasta is not a good thing.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

We did not have an issue with it being mush but you do not need to rinse the pasta. I think the tomato sauce and chicken sausage sounds great!