This amazing gluten free recipe that features a secret ingredient that can turn your ordinary mashed potatoes into creamy and full of richness potatoes. According to the Pioneer Woman only 5 ingredients are needed for this Secret Ingredient Mashed Potatoes and most people will have these in their pantry and refrigerator.
The Secret Ingredient is you guessed it – cream cheese! Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 5 – 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Fill pot with cubed potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Get water boiling and boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water from pot.
- Mix potatoes with butter and cream cheese until smooth. (I like to leave mine a little chunky)
- Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe was adapted from The Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummond
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: