I wanted to share with you an Advanced Green Smoothie Recipe. Yes, this is a GREEN smoothie and it is RED :-) I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe for you – now if you loved it you are really going to love this advanced green smoothie recipe. Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. I hope you enjoy! You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
Update: Check out this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 cups water
- Large Handful of Spinach
- Small Handful of other greens like Kale and Swiss Chard
- Carrots (1 large)
- Celery (2 stalks)
- Cucumber (1/2 sliced)
- Flax Seed Oil (1 cap full)
- Aloe (1 cap full)
- help (1 TBSP)
- Seeds/Nuts of your choice – 1 type
- ½ – 1 cup frozen berries
- 1-2 drops lemon oil or 1 tsp freshly ground lemon peel
- Instead of coconut water you can use coconut milk or almond milk, unsweetened.
- You don’t have to get hung up on measuring – feel free to “eye ball” it or use what you have in your refrigerator.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms: