I am so excited to share this Basic Green Smoothie Recipe with you! I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class. It was awesome! I am so excited to share with you the basic green smoothie recipe from the class. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink and it tastes just a little better A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. I hope you enjoy!
I will be posting an advanced green smoothie recipe tomorrow and many more to come because I am hooked on green smoothies!
Update: Check out this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
- 3 cups water
- Large Handful Spinach
- 1 Apple
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup frozen fruit
- 1 -2 drops of lemon essential oil or 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- You can add Stevia if you need it sweeter.
- Add 3 cups of water to blender
- Add 1 large handful of spinach
- Blend greens – add more greens if desired
- Add Apple (peel included – however no core) – chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a blendtec or vitamix
- I added 1 carrot and 1 stalk of celery (chopped if you don’t have a blendtec or vitamix)
- Add banana (can be frozen)
- Add ½ cup frozen fruit
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil or some freshly ground lemon peel
- This recipe makes two smoothies. Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
And here it is with the berries added….
If you are interested in ordering Essential Oils click HERE.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Disclosure: We are not providing medical advice, please consult your physician with any questions.
I can’t explain in words how much the oils have changed me and my excitement about them is truly something I want to share. If you are slightly interested please don’t hesitate to contact me. Be sure to follow our Pinterest Board too! Join our Essentials Oils Facebook Group too!