I am so excited to share this Basic Green Smoothie Recipe with you! I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class. It was awesome! I am so excited to share with you the basic green smoothie recipe from the class. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink and it tastes just a little better A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. I hope you enjoy! You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
Update: Check out this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
- 3 cups water
- Large Handful Spinach
- 1 Apple
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup frozen fruit
- 1 -2 drops of lemon essential oil or 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- You can add Stevia if you need it sweeter.
- Add 3 cups of water to blender
- Add 1 large handful of spinach
- Blend greens – add more greens if desired
- Add Apple (peel included – however no core) – chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a blendtec or vitamix
- I added 1 carrot and 1 stalk of celery (chopped if you don’t have a blendtec or vitamix)
- Add banana (can be frozen)
- Add ½ cup frozen fruit
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil or some freshly ground lemon peel
- This recipe makes two smoothies. Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
And here is the green smoothie with the berries added….
Green Smoothie Recipes:
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger