If you like garlic and lemon with some heat, this is the dish for you! Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Spicy Lemon Chicken has a little kick but they are perfect for game day! We love to enjoy these with Homemade Guacamole and Chips! These chicken breasts are a delicious Paleo recipe too! This is a great low carb meal with tons of flavor and is Keto Friendly too!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Spicy Lemon Chicken
If you like garlic and lemon with some heat, this is the dish for you!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cut in half
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 5 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Spice Rub -
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Prepare the rub in a small bowl; mix together all the Spice Rub ingredients (listed above).
- Sprinkle the rub generously on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat ghee and oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and lemon juice. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce. Serve with rice, quinoa, or potato salad.
Adapted from "Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken" recipe in Simply Delicious: The Costco Way cookbook. (This was a free cookbook handed to me one day as I was exiting Costco.)
Gluten Free Desserts: