Homemade French Fries are a great way to save money. By making your own french fries not only do you save big but you are also to provide your family with a non processed version of french fries. I like to stock up on bags of potatoes at the store when they are on sale. Then I take an afternoon and make these french fries and store them in the freezer for when I need them. My boys like them better than the store bought frozen bag ones and I like that it is a lot cheaper to make them than to buy them.
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these and if you are like me you will never buy them again 😉
- potatoes, peeled and sliced to your preference of style
- pot of boiling water
- baking sheet
- ziploc bags
- Peel and slice potatoes to your preference of frie style.
- Place fries in boiling water and boil for 6 minutes.
- While fries are boiling label bags with date and French Fries.
- Once fries are done boiling place in strainer.
- Next put them on baking sheet making sure they do not touch.
- Place in freezer uncovered for an hour.
- Then pull them out and place in baggies and store in freezer for up to 6 months.
- To prepare them: Place on baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. You can also use a deep fryer - Just heat oil to 350 and fry 3-4 minutes.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Be sure to check out these other Homemade/Freezer Ideas: