The Pioneer Woman Roast Chicken is one of my favorite dinner recipes. It turns out so moist every time. The Pioneer Woman is my idol when it comes to cooking. I love her sense of cooking and she has a big family to cater too and so do I with my boys. Her recipe for Roast Chicken is perfect because you only need 5 ingredients! I know some people are afraid of making a Roast Chicken but her recipe makes it very simple and every time I make my chicken it comes out perfect! I love to freeze this recipe too and use it for shredded chicken recipes.
This time when making the roast chicken I used dried Rosemary instead of fresh, but it still was amazing!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
- 1 whole Chicken, Rinsed and Patted Dry
- ¾ cups Butter, Softened
- 3 whole Lemons
- 4 sprigs Rosemary (I used 2t Dried Rosemary)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Zest two of the lemons.
- Strip the leaves off of one of the rosemary sprigs and chop it up finely.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, lemon zest, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil and lay the patted-dry chicken on the foil, breast side up.
- Use your fingers to smear the butter mixture all over the chicken, under the skin, and inside the cavity.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the chicken. Place the six lemon halves (if they'll fit!) and the three remaining rosemary leaves into the cavity of the bird.
- Place the chicken into the oven and roast it for 1 hour, 30 minutes or until done.
- Skin should be deep golden brown and juices should be sizzling.
- Carve/cut up and serve.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: