I love this Apple Pie Green Smoothie. If you like apple pie you are going to love this green smoothie. I mentioned several weeks ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe and this advanced green smoothie recipe followed by a cucumber mango green smoothie and a raspberry pear green smoothie – if loved those you are going to love this one too.
I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. In fact I am down 5 lbs since I started drinking 1 green smoothie a day. Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use a certified therapeutic grade lemon essential oil or lemon rind to take the “bite” out of the greens. This is a great gluten free recipe. It is also Paleo when you use Coconut Milk.
I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better I hope you enjoy! One tip is to freeze berries when they are at a stockpile price.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
UPDATE: You may want to read this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 4 Points
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Sunrich Naturals SOL sunflower milk (almond milk or coconut milk)
- 2 large handfuls kale
- 1 green apple, I prefer an organic granny smith
- ¼ avocado sliced
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger root (you can use powdered if necessary)
- 1 tsp cinnamon or cinnamon oil
- vanilla stevia drops to taste, optional
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 ice cubes (optional)
- 4 drops of lemon oil
- Blend liquid and greens well.
- Add apple avocado, almond butter and ginger and blend again.
- Finally add cinnamon, lemon oil, stevia, salt and ice one final blend.
- I use ice if I want a more frozen/slushy consistency.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Disclosure: We are not providing medical advice, please consult your physician with any questions.