Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Chicken is one of those meals that makes your mouth water when you walk in the house after a long day! I love using my slow cooker and being able to walk into the house and have dinner on the table for my family.
- 16 oz. jar of organic, gluten-free salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- corn taco shells
- gluten-free, casein-free guacamole
- dairy-free sour cream
- Daiya cheese
- any other toppings of your choice
- Place salsa, cumin, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture.
- Cover the cooker, set on LOW for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve immediately with shells and toppings.
- (Note: The leftover meat makes a terrific salad the next day too!)
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her website or contact her through Facebook or Twitter to learn more.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy: