Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Chicken is one of those meals that makes your mouth water when you walk in the house after a long day! I love using my slow cooker and being able to walk into the house and have dinner on the table for my family. This is a delicious gluten free and dairy free recipe. It is perfect if you are eating low carb or following the Keto Diet.
This is a dump and go slow cooker recipe. Simply place salsa, cumin, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the slow cooker and set on LOW for about 4 hours. That is it!
After four hours remove chicken from crockpot and shred with 2 forks. Or you can shred using a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Serve immediately with taco shells, on a low carb tortilla or on top of a bed of lettuce with toppings. I like it with cheese and sour cream.
The leftover meat makes a terrific salad the next day too! You can prep this recipe on a Sunday and have lunch ready for the week! I hope your family enjoys this Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Chicken as much as mine does!
- 16 oz. jar of organic, gluten-free salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- corn taco shells
- gluten-free, casein-free guacamole
- dairy-free sour cream
- Daiya cheese
- any other toppings of your choice
- Place salsa, cumin, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture.
- Cover the cooker, set on LOW for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve immediately with shells and toppings.
- (Note: The leftover meat makes a terrific salad the next day too!)