On Valentine’s Day I teamed up with Johnsonville to deliver and warm the hearts of my local fire department! I am partial to the firefighters because I come from a family with several firefighters! The hours are long, the family time is sometimes cut short, and we believe they needed a special Valentine’s Day! The firefighters were so awesome. They gave us a tour of the fire department and the kids played in the fire truck and “the band-aid box,” as my youngest son calls it!! These are some special people who face danger to serve you and I! We applaud our fire fighters this Valentine’s Day!
We delivered all kinds of cookies, candy, and love to the firehouse today! Their favorite part was, we delivered dinner!!
- 2 lbs of Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce (8oz)
- 2 Cans of Chili Ready Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cans of Black Beans Drained (15 oz)
- 2 Cans of Chili Beans (16 oz)
- 1 Chili Starter Kit
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- (Chili Packet just in case you need more seasoning)
- Shredded Cheese
- Saltine Crackers
- Cook Sausage in skillet using directions
- Chop onion and add to sausage in skillet
- Stir in one 8 oz can of tomato sauce and one 8 oz can of water
- Stir in Chili Kit Contents, Cayenne Pepper, and salt
- I cook on medium heat while I prepare the Slow Cooker Contents
- Combine all left over ingredients in the slow cooker and stir. (depending on how you like your chili you may or may not need the 2 can of tomato sauce)
- Then add contents of the skillet to your slow cooker and stir.
- Cook 6 hours on low.
- *****If you have your chili to watery just add Masa to thicken. Masa comes in most Chili Starter kits.
- *****If you need more spice just start adding your Chili Packet to taste.
- Serve topped with Shredded Cheese and Crunched Saltine Crackers!