I made King’s Chili for our local firefighters on Valentines Day! I am partial to the firefighters because I come from a family with several firefighters. The hours are long, the family time is sometimes cut short, and we believe they needed a special Valentine’s Day!
I love chili and always have! I have found the more beans the better. Living in Northern KY I have also enjoyed making spaghetti and mixing it in with my chili. You would be surprised how much you really will like it! This is also the perfect opportunity to hide veggies from the kids. Pick ones that are easily hidden and blend them in.
One of our readers said, “I just made this and used 2lbs beef and it was the best chili I’ve ever made!” –
Wow, thanks for the compliment!
Be sure to Pin this recipe so you have it for later or print it and save it to your recipe files!
- 2 lbs of Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce (8oz)
- 2 Cans of Chili Ready Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cans of Black Beans Drained (15 oz)
- 2 Cans of Chili Beans (16 oz)
- 1 Chili Starter Kit
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- (Chili Packet just in case you need more seasoning)
- Shredded Cheese
- Saltine Crackers
- Cook Sausage in skillet using directions
- Chop onion and add to sausage in skillet
- Stir in one 8 oz can of tomato sauce and one 8 oz can of water
- Stir in Chili Kit Contents, Cayenne Pepper, and salt
- I cook on medium heat while I prepare the Slow Cooker Contents
- Combine all left over ingredients in the slow cooker and stir. (depending on how you like your chili you may or may not need the 2 can of tomato sauce)
- Then add contents of the skillet to your slow cooker and stir.
- Cook 6 hours on low.
- *****If you have your chili to watery just add Masa to thicken. Masa comes in most Chili Starter kits.
- *****If you need more spice just start adding your Chili Packet to taste.
- Serve topped with Shredded Cheese and Crunched Saltine Crackers!
Other Chili Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum