I love this recipe for Mini Apple Pies! They would be perfect for Valentine’s Day and they could easily be adapted to other holiday’s or special occasions. I think for July 4th they would be perfect with cherries or blueberries and you could cut a start out of the pie crust! You can also “cheat” and use canned pie filling. Since you are using pre-made pie crusts this is a great shortcut.
A tip is to cut it out your pie crusts with a wide mouth mason jar ring and use a cookie cutter for top crust. You may need to turn on your broiler to “brown” the top crust. Mini Apple Pies are super cute & super fun! I think I’m going to make EVERYTHING miniature from now on! Really all we need is a bite and it is great portion control! I would serve this with my homemade whipped cream too.
Mini Apple Pies
- 4 cups of apples, diced into cubes - 1 large apple equals 1 cup of apples
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 3/4 c of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, optional
- 1/4teaspoon ground cardamom, optional
- 4 tablespoons of chilled real butter (salted) cut into 12 equal slices.
- 1 box of Pillsbury pie crusts (chilled but not frozen)
- 2 TBSP Butter, melted
- Cinnamon to garnish
- Peel and dice apples - Granny Smith, Gala or Fuji would make a good choice but you can choose whatever you like.
- Toss with 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Mix the apples with all ingredients except butter and pie crusts
- Make sure you toss well and apples are coated.
- Unroll your first pie crust and 12 several circles out using a wide mouth mason jar ring (large glass or large biscuit cutter will work)
- Repeat until you have 12 crusts.
- Line each cup of your muffin tin with a pie crust.
- Fill each muffin cup until slightly rounded - very full.
- Place a pat of your divided butter on top of the mounded muffin cup.
- Using left over dough cut small shapes out and cover - you can use any theme (heart, shamrock, initials, Halloween or Christmas theme)
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 20 minutes. Be sure to check often as you don't want them to burn.
- Serve with a mini scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
This recipe was adapted from Little Bit Funky.
Recipes You May Enjoy: