I love this Mixed Berry Green Smoothie. If you like berries you are going to love this green smoothie. I mentioned several weeks ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe and this advanced green smoothie recipe followed by a cucumber mango green smoothie and a raspberry pear green smoothie – if loved those you are going to love this one too. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. In fact I am down 5 lbs since I started drinking 1 green smoothie a day. Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use a certified therapeutic grade lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better I hope you enjoy! One tip is to freeze berries when they are at a stockpile price.
UPDATE: You may enjoy this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Sunrich Naturals SOL sunflower milk or almond milk
- 1 large handful of spinach
- ½ cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 green apple, I prefer an organic granny smith
- ¼ avocado sliced
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger root (you can use powdered if necessary)
- 1 cup of mixed berries frozen
- Blend liquid and greens well.
- Add apple and ginger and blend
- Add cucumber, celery, carrot and blend.
- Finally add mixed berries and blend.
- Add 4 drops of lemon essential oil or lemon rind.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Disclosure: We are not providing medical advice, please consult your physician with any questions.