Can You Freeze a Banana? Yes, you can! Have you ever purchased too many bananas and not been able to eat them before they get too ripe or found bananas for a great price but didn’t have a use for them? Now you do! Freeze them! First of all frozen bananas taste great! You can freeze them and eat them by themselves for special frozen treat dip them in chocolate and roll them in nuts! I like to use frozen bananas in fruit smoothies as they make the smoothie have a cold and smooth texture Of course they can be used for baking purposes like banana bread!
Can You Freeze a Banana?
So what’s the best method for freezing a banana? There are several different ways to do it but my preferred way is to peel the banana, cut it into slices, and put the slices in freezer bags/freezer safe containers. You can also freeze the banana whole in the peel. This is not my favorite method because I normally use a frozen banana for a fruit smoothie, banana bread or banana pudding. So having them sliced is better for me. You can peel them and freeze whole or even place them on stick and dip in chocolate and freeze that way for a great summer treat!
When you freeze a banana in the peel, the peel will turn brown but the banana will be fine. It is somewhat mushy once it thaws in the peel I think. For best results if you plan to eat your banana whole or use it whole I suggest that you freeze before it is over ripe by peeling and wrapping with saran wrap. If you are going to use it for a smoothie or banana bread you can freeze it even after the banana is over ripe. It is a great way to stretch your dollar!
Bananas can be frozen for up to a year. Just write the date you put it into the freezer with a permanent marker so you know how long it has been there. I personally use my frozen bananas in my green smoothies.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Foods You Can Freeze:
- Can You Freeze a Banana?
- Can You Freeze Asparagus
- Can you freeze avocado?
- Can you freeze bread?
- Can you freeze butter?
- Can you freeze cheese?
- Can You Freeze Chicken Broth?
- Can you freeze cottage cheese?
- Can you freeze cream cheese?
- Can you freeze deli meat?
- Can you freeze eggs
- Can you freeze garlic cloves?
- Can you freeze green beans?
- Can you freeze green smoothies?
- Can you freeze hummus?
- Can you freeze liquid coffee creamer?
- Can you freeze McDonald’s
- Can you freeze meatloaf?
- Can you freeze melon?
- Can you freeze mushrooms?
- Can you freeze peppers?
- Can you freeze Philadelphia Cooking Creme?
- Can you freeze potato chips?
- Can you freeze salsa?
- Can you freeze soup?
- Can you freeze sour cream?
- Can you freeze spinach?
- Can you freeze summer squash?
- Can you freeze tomatoes?
- Can you freeze Wholly Guacamole?
- Can you FREEZE yogurt?
- How to FREEZE Carrots
- How to freeze ginger root
- How to freeze milk and eggs
- How to freeze raspberries – What is flash freezing?
- How to Freeze Strawberries
- How To Freeze Unfrosted Cakes
- How to freeze zucchini
- How to make homemade baby food
- How to make homemade baby food – Part II
- How-To Freeze Cracker Crumbs
- Lunchbox Tip – Freeze PBJ’s to Save You Time & Money