Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Tuna Pepper Salad is a wonderfully light lunch idea. It is also pretty enough to serve when having company over. I like to use Vegenaise for my mayonnaise. This recipe is also a great idea to eat during Lent. It is also a Paleo lunch recipe. I hope you enjoy this low fat version as much as I do.
This salad would serve well with Chick-fil-A Lemonade Recipe.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
- 2 cans light tuna in water
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free, dairy-free mayonnaise (adjust to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free dijon mustard
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- romaine lettuce, torn into salad-size pieces
- Drain water from tuna. Put tuna into large mixing bowl.
- Slice the bell peppers in half and remove seeds and membranes.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and celery into the tuna until fully combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Create layer of romaine lettuce on each plate.
- Set 2 bell pepper halves on top of each bed of lettuce (mix and match colors if you like).
- Scoop tuna into bell pepper halves and serve immediately.
Gluten Free Recipes: