Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Tuna Pepper Salad is a wonderfully light lunch idea. It is also pretty enough to serve when having company over. I love this low carb recipe during the hot summer days! This recipe is also a great idea to eat during Lent. It is also Keto Friendly too! I hope you enjoy this low fat version as much as I do.
It is a great alternative to using bread when you use the peppers instead!
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
- 2 cans light tuna in water
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free, dairy-free mayonnaise (adjust to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free dijon mustard
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- romaine lettuce, torn into salad-size pieces
- Drain water from tuna. Put tuna into large mixing bowl.
- Slice the bell peppers in half and remove seeds and membranes.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and celery into the tuna until fully combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Create layer of romaine lettuce on each plate.
- Set 2 bell pepper halves on top of each bed of lettuce (mix and match colors if you like).
- Scoop tuna into bell pepper halves and serve immediately.
Gluten Free Recipes: