This Homemade “Bisquick” Baking Mix Recipe is a great way to save money! It also allows you to control the type of flour that you use. You could substitute a gluten free flour or a whole wheat flour. It was easy to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1¼ cups vegetable shortening (butter-flavored or plain)
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs. Store in a container with air-tight lid. Will keep for up to 2 months.
- Makes about 2 quarts of mix.
- For Biscuits: Stir together 2¼ cups baking mix with ⅔ cup milk. Knead 10 times on lightly floured surface, roll out and cut into biscuits or skip the kneading and simply drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 10 biscuits.
- For Pancakes: Stir together 2 cups baking mix, 1 cup milk and 2 eggs until blended. Do not over-mix. Ladle ¼ cupfuls onto hot greased griddle or skillet and cook until edges are dry and top is bubbly, turn over and cook until golden brown. Makes about 14 pancakes.
- For Waffles: Stir together 2 cups baking mix, 1⅓ cups milk, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until blended. Pour batter into center of hot greased waffle iron and cook for 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Makes about 12 (4-inch) waffles.
- For Dumplings: Stir together 2 cups baking mix and ⅔ cup milk just until soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls into boiling liquid, cover and cook for 10 minutes without lifting the lid. Makes about 10 dumplings.
Thanks CooksRecipes for the recipe
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Pull Aparts
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Frozen Blueberry Muffins
Irish Soda Bread
Lemon Poppyseed Muffin
Mom’s Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins