Sausage Bread is an amazing recipe to have in your recipe collection. If you are looking for a great breakfast or brunch menu idea then look no further than sausage bread. It is my husbands favorite. Not only that but this is a great freezer meal. Just bake and freeze then thaw and microwave. I would suggest serving it with fresh fruit. It can be made with any variety of ground sausage and cheese. This was made with mozzarella but you can use any variety that you like. You can also make it the night before and then wrap with saran wrap (be sure to wrap tightly) and then bake fresh the next morning.
- 1 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage
- 1 (11-oz.) can refrigerated French bread dough (Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ onion, chopped - optional
- ½ bell pepper, chopped - optional
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Optional - Add onions and green peppers and cook until tender
- Remove from pan and drain well.
- Add parsley
- Unroll dough into a rectangular shape on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese.
- Beginning with 1 long side, roll up, jelly-roll fashion.
- Turn, seam side down, on baking sheet, and pinch ends to secure filling inside. Cut 3 (1/4-inch-deep) slits across top of dough with a sharp paring knife.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Other Recipes That You May Enjoy: