Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew is an amazing meal that you make in the crockpot. As many of you know by now, I love to cook in my crockpot. Being a busy mom to 3 boys I need all the help I can get in the kitchen. Anything that I can prepare ahead of time is great for me. This meal could also be a freezer meal. To learn more about freezer cooking click here. This recipe is packed full of healthy vegetables and tastes great! It is also naturally gluten free.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 Medium carrots peeled and cut into ½ inch slices (I used baby carrots about ½ a bag)
- 1 Can Stewed tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ⅛ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Fresh basil, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Best to use a 4½ quart slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other amazing Soups/Stews: