There is nothing better than homemade Crockpot Chicken Soup on a cold day. This recipe for Crockpot Chicken Soup is amazing and so simple to make. I love meals that you can make in the crockpot and forget about all day until it’s time to eat. This recipe is truly comfort food for me. I like to make this when it is really cold outside or when one of us feels a little bit under the weather.
This delicious recipe is so simple to make. Add everything except the noodles to the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks and return back to the slow cooker. Then turn the crockpot on high, and add the noodles. Cook for 1 more hour and then serve. I like to serve with crackers or a nice crusty bread with butter.
You can easily turn this recipe into a freezer meal. Just dump all of your ingredients (except for the noodles) into a gallon size freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to cook simply thaw in your fridge overnight. Place into the slow cooker and cover. Follow the recipe below.
Crockpot Chicken Soup was such a hit that we have now included it in our monthly menu on a regular basis. My boys even asked for seconds! Hope you enjoy it as well! It is perfect on cold winter days. You can even make this gluten free when you use gluten free noodles and gluten free cream of chicken soup. Or feel free to leave the pasta out for a lower carb version of the classic.
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- One 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup onions, chopped fine
- ½ cup celery, chopped fine
- ½ cup carrots, chopped fine
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- One 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1½ cup Egg noodles
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add everything except the noodles to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two foks and return back tot he slow cooker.
- Then turn the crockpot on high, and add noodles.
- Cook for 1 more hour and then serve.