Gluten Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad is so delicious. This dessert is perfect to make and take to parties, picnics or for holidays. My family loves this strawberry dessert and during the summertime they request it all the time.
Instead of using cool whip as the original recipe calls for I use Homemade Whipped Cream. For the pretzel crust I use Glutino Pretzel Twists which are amazing. Be sure to try this recipe because you will not be disappointed!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Perfect Gluten Free dessert to take to parties or picnic's!
- 2 cups crushed Glutino pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (I used Homemade Whipped Cream)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar; mix well and press mixture into bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture onto cooled crust, be sure to spread cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges to seal it off from the jello mixture.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Once dissolved add ice cold water and stir.
- Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly.
- When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set, about 6 hours.
Courses Gluten Free
Gluten Free Desserts: