Chocolate Chip Muffins are a favorite in my house. My husband and boys love to have these muffins for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. I also like to make these to take to gatherings because they are super easy to prepare ahead of time and they travel well. My son Max loves when I make Crockpot Hot Cocoa to go with these delicious muffins.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are perfect for breakfast or for an afternoon delight!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup white sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Be sure to check out these other Bread recipes: