Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes just like my Mamaw use to serve them. These are made with real butter and cream. I can taste the difference as soon as my fork enters my mouth 🙂 I think these mashed potatoes are so much better than using margarine and milk, but sometimes I do not always have real butter and cream in my fridge so I do substitute. These creamy and delicious potatoes go well with Open-Face Shredded Pork.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup real unsalted butter (not margarine)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cubed potatoes into a medium sized pot.
- Fill with water until potatoes are covered.
- Sprinkle salt over top.
- Place on stove top and get water boiling.
- Once the water is boiling cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in pot.
- Add butter and cream.
- Mash everything together until you get the consistency that you want (if you want smoother mashed potatoes add a little more cream).
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try out these other Side Dish recipes: