We had so much fun making this Tin Can Wind Chime Craft. If you are looking for summer craft Tin Can Wind Chimes are a great way to recycle your tin cans and beat the summer boredom blues.
Tin Can Wind Chime Craft
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Embroidery Hoop (Wooden or Plastic)
- Fishing Line
- 1 Washer
- 3 Nuts
- Gorilla Glue
- Empty Tin Cans
1. Collect empty tin cans used in cooking. Wash and dry.
2. Put down newspaper and wear an apron or old t-shirt to protect clothing
3. Paint the tin cans and allow to dry (add designs if you want)
4. Paint Embroidery Hoop if using wood or choose a colorful plastic one
5. After the cans have dried place a hole in the top of each can and attach fishing line with a nut through the bottom.
6. Attach tin cans to the embroidery hoop using fishing line, use gorilla glue to secure.
7. Using a washer create a hanger at the top.
8. Enjoy the clanking of the tin cans in the wind.
This is an affordable summer project! I picked up my paint, paintbrushes and embroidery hoop at my local Michael’s – using a 40% off coupon of course :-) I love being able to recycle the tin cans.
Disclosure: Michael’s provided a gift card for me to purchase supplies however all opinions are 100% my own.
Check Out These Posts: