Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken is only 6 ingredients and 3 of them are spices that you probably already have in your pantry. When I came across this meal when I was planning Freezer Cooking Meals I couldn’t resist because all I needed was chicken, applesauce and bbq sauce besides spices. This dinner recipe was so easy to put together in a freezer ziploc bag and just as easy to thaw and put in the crockpot. My kids loved the sweetness of this meal and want to know when we will be having it again. It was delicious and is already on the menu for a second time!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ t ground pepper
- ⅔ cup chunky applesauce
- ⅔ cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar/Hickory)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 t chili powder
- Label ziploc bag with nale of recipe and directions.
- Mix pepper, applesauce, BBQ sauce, sugar and chili powder in ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and stir.
- Lay the bag flat in the freezer.
- When you are ready to make it, put the bag in the fridge overnight to thaw.
- In the morning spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, or use a crockpot liner for easy clean-up.
- Pour the contents of the bag into the crockpot.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low setting.
Be sure to check out these other Crockpot recipes: