Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches are AMAZING! We love this delicious dinner and it is a great freezer meal too. I have fallen in love with this easy slow cooker meal! I could not get over how tasty and good this was. The best thing is all you need is 2 ingredients! Yes only two ingredients to put in the crockpot which is a chuck roast and cans of beef consomme. I made this meal ahead of time as a Freezer Cooking Meal and when I was ready to have it on my menu I just pulled it out of the freezer the night before and thawed it in the fridge.
To prep as a freezer meal simply place the roast in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and pour beef consomme on top. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.
Cook on LOW for 8-11 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker and save extra juice for dipping! With 2 forks, shred roast and serve meat on buns. I love that this is a put it in the crockpot and forget about it all day recipe. You can leave for a long 10+ hour day and come home to a delicious dinner.
If you are eating low carb this is a great recipe for you! You can check out the food label here for the beef consomme. Of course don’t eat with the bun! 🙂 We hope you enjoy this delicious and easy to prepare slow cooker recipe. I like to serve this with homemade french fries which is also a great freezer recipe too! We hope you enjoy this delicious Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches recipe as much as we do!
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
Yield 4 -6
Two ingredients dinner meal!
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef consomme (it is right next to the soups and beef broth)
- 6-8 hoagie buns
- Place roast in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and pour beef consomme on top.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.
- Cook on LOW for 8-11 hours (or HIGH for 5-7 hours).
- Remove roast from slow cooker and save extra juice for dipping!
- With 2 forks, shred roast and serve meat on buns.