Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches have stolen my heart 🙂 I have fallen in love with this stupendous meal! I could not get over how tasty and good this was. The best thing is all you need is 2 ingredients! Yes only two ingredients to put in the crockpot which is a chuck roast and cans of beef consomme. I made this meal ahead of time as a Freezer Cooking Meal and when I was ready to have it on my menu I just pulled it out of the freezer the night before and thawed it in the fridge. I like to serve this with homemade french fries which is also a great freezer recipe too!
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef consomme (it is right next to the soups and beef broth)
- 6-8 hoagie buns
- Place roast in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and pour beef consomme on top.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.
- Cook on LOW for 8-11 hours (or HIGH for 5-7 hours).
- Remove roast from slow cooker and save extra juice for dipping!
- With 2 forks, shred roast and serve meat on buns.