Mashed Red Skin Potatoes are a favorite side dish in my home. Red Skin Potatoes have been in abundance at my local farmer’s market and I have been getting a lot of them lately 🙂 I love cooking with Red Skin Potatoes and this side dish meal is one of my favorites because it pairs well with most meats.
These amazing potatoes just need a little butter, sour cream and seasoning. So next time you are wanting a hearty side dish with lots of taste be sure to make this!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 8-10 medium size red skin potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ stick of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Place potatoes in water and heat to boiling.
- Once boiling, keep water at a slow boil for 12 minutes.
- Drain water out and keep potatoes in pot.
- Add sour cream and butter to potatoes.
- Mash everything with a masher.
- Mash until you get the consistency you want.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other Side Dish recipes: