Crockpot Chicken Tortilla soup is a great soup for fall and cooler weather ~ which happens to be coming our way here in Kentucky! This amazing soup has great flavor and hits your taste buds with a kick. The nice thing about this recipe is you can adjust the heat. If you want something with more heat then you add more chili powder and use Hot enchilada sauce. If you want something more mild you add less chili powder and use mild or regular enchilada sauce (which is what I used in mine).
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips. sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.
Be sure to try these other delicious Soup recipes: