Crockpot Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato is the perfect dinner meal for Autumn. This delicious clean eating meal has such a great savory taste with a little bit of sweetness. The spices used in this recipe really bring the dish to life and will make your taste buds explode with delight! My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the amazing taste and how hearty this meal was. You will not be disappointed so be sure to try this recipe!
This is what Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato looks like when you put it in the Crock Pot to cook.
Below is how this delicious meal will look like in your dinner bowl! So yummy!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt + cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (you can also use cumin if you don’t have curry)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Layer the sweet potato chunks and chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, red onion, apple sauce, cider vinegar, curry powder, and ginger.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sweet potato chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until the chicken and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve alone or over rice.
If you like this recipe then you may enjoy the following recipes: