Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins are one of my husbands favorite recipes. They are simple to make as well as low fat and cost very little money. It is simply made with a cake mix and a can of pumpkin! During the fall season you can often pick these up for only $1.00 each! This is stockpile time! There are only 3 ingredients and 5 Weight Watchers points in these delicious and moist muffins that are perfect for autumn!
I love making this recipe with my own homemade pumpkin puree to save money. Of course you can skip the chocolate chips and save yourself 3 Weight Watchers points by making the traditional Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
To prepare simply mix together the pumpkin and cake mix until well blended. I do this with a wooden spoon. It takes some elbow grease but it is worth it! Spray the muffin cups with Pam cooking spray and fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until done. Cool and remove from pan. I like to place them on a cooling rack until completely cooled. The Pumpkin Spice Muffins are very moist and delicious. Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving.
We hope you enjoy this easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Muffins. I like any recipe that is made with a cake mix because of how easy it is to prepare. No one will realize that though based on the taste. This is the perfect recipe for brunch or breakfast during the fall.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 Spice cake mix (or any cake mix)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1, 16 oz can of pumpkin (not pie filling)
- optional, 1 TSP Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix together until well blended.
- Spray muffin cups with pam and fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until done.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- The muffins are very moist and delicious.
- They are very low in calories and only 2 points if you are on Weight Watchers!
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired
Weight Watchers Recipes: