Eggplant Lasagna Tower is perfect to serve when having guests over for dinner. This vegetarian dish will be sure to please and is very filling. It will seem like you have been slaving in the kitchen all day but it is really quite simple to make and tastes amazing! How many towers you make depends on how big and how many eggplants you have. On this particular night for dinner the boys and hubby were gone so I made this just for me 🙂 It was wonderful!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Eggplant Lasagna Tower
- 1 large eggplant
- course salt
- non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- mozzarella cheese, sliced about 1/4 thick
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Slice eggplant into 1/4" thick rounds.
- Sprinkle both sides of eggplant rounds with salt and lay flat for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blot moisture away from eggplant with paper towel.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and spray both sides of eggplant rounds.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip eggplant rounds over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile sprinkle mozzarella slices with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place a mozzarella slice on eggplant round.
- Place eggplant round on top of that and add another slice.
- Finsh with a third eggplant round on top.
- Continue process until you are done.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons over each tower.
- Place bake in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of marinara sauce on plate and place tower on top of it and serve.