Oreo Turkey Pops are so easy to make and your kids will LOVE having a very special treat on Thanksgiving Day. You can fill a mini galvanized bucket with candy corn and place one at each of the kids place settings! Or use a small glass bowl! Your kids will FLIP when they come to the table for Thanksgiving and you are sure to be a HIT with all of the nieces and nephews that is for sure. Check out this post on DIY Thanksgiving Table for Kids.
Be sure to save this adorable DIY dessert idea for Thanksgiving Day by pinning it! Pick up extra Candy Corn after Halloween to make this treat for Thanksgiving.
- Items needed for each Turkey Pop:
- 1 Golden Oreo
- 1 Mini Nutter Butter Cookie
- 8 Pieces of Candy Corn
- 2 Candy Eyes
- Popsicle Stick
- Red Gel Glitter Frosting
- White melting chocolate
- Carefully separate your Oreo Cookie and place the popsicle stick in the center, pushing it into the Oreo frosting.
- Add in 7 pieces of Candy Corn, aligning the middle candy corn with your popsicle stick, and place the other side of the Oreo back onto the cookie. *If you have problems with the candy corn staying in place, use a bit of melted chocolate as glue to hold it together.
- Dab a bit of melting chocolate onto the back of the Nutter Butter Cookie, and place it centered towards the bottom of the Oreo.
- Add the 2 eyes right above the Nutter Butter Cookie.
- Remove the top section of your last piece of Candy Corn, and dab a bit more of melted chocolate to the back of it and place it centered on your Nutter Butter Cookie.
- Use the Gel Glitter to draw a small Waddle starting at the top corner of the Candy Corn pulling it down about half way.
- Refrigerate for 10 Minutes to allow melted chocolate to set.
Other Thanksgiving Craft Ideas include: